The new ToK Essay titles for November 2014 are out and published online courtesy of: http://tok.ais.wikispaces.net/file/view/TOK+Prescribed+Titles+Nov2014.pdf
1.“Some areas of knowledge seek to describe the world, whereas others seek to transform it.” Explore this claim with reference to two areas of knowledge.
2. “Knowledge takes the form of a combination of stories and facts.” How accurate is this claim in two areas of knowledge?
3. “In the production of knowledge, it is only because emotion works so well that reason can work at all.” To what extent would you agree with this claim in two areas of knowledge?
4. “To gain an understanding of the world we need to make use of stereotypes.” With reference to two areas of knowledge, to what extent do you agree with this statement?
5. “The task of history is the discovering of the constant and universal principles of human nature.” To what extent are history and one other area of knowledge successful in this task?
6. “We may agree about general standards in the arts but disagree as to whether a particular work has artistic merit. In ethics the situation is reversed: we may disagree about ethical theories but we all know an unethical action when we see one.” Discuss.
Good luck to all the students around the world starting on your TOK essay adventure!