It's about time, isn't it, that we came up with some resolutions about what we're trying to do with this blog and these could, couldn't they, become a kind of mission statement or manifesto of our main values in education.
So here we go - this is what we hope we have achieved for you so far and hope to achieve for you in the year(s) to come:
1. Think for yourself and not the thoughts pre-programmed into you by others - whoever they may be.
2. Be yourself and not someone formatted into those little boxes that people like to put you into - whatever they may be.
3. Speak up about the things that matter to you, but do so eloquently, confidently and courteously - however that may be.
4. Feel free to agree and disagree with others' viewpoints, but do so in the spirit of decent discussion (see point 3).
5. Be honest - first of all to yourself - to others about what's on your mind - there's nothing to be afraid of.
6. Be open-minded - put aside your bises, prejudices and preconceptions so that so can engage with others on an equal and creative basis.
7. Avoid being constantly judgmental - it takes so much energy and only projects bad energy, so save it for more creative and constructive projects.
8. Question everything - so that you never take for granted what anybody says or does - everyone has a hidden agenda.
You'll start to see these listed at the head of the blog home page from now on - lest we forget!